Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I enjoy making my life difficult.

My mother finally called me on it this weekend: I've been talking about seminary for months--what I wish I would have done, how I feel like I should go back but cannot fathom why, what I'll do differently.

So after a long discussion, I sent an email to the admissions department asking what I need to do to re-enroll at Western. 

Two days later, they all but have my bed made. Jill, who is absolutely wonderful, checked with the Registrar, Financial Aid, housing, the director of my program, and the admissions committee by 11:30 this morning, and I need a total of three pages before my application is complete.

They have a space for me to begin again in a month.

And now...I have a massive choice to make: do I do the seemingly responsible thing and stay in the area, get an apartment, and save money until I have enough to pay for seminary on my own, or do I follow this ridiculous gut-feeling that I need to go back and finish what I started?

I know that going back will take a lot of adjustment.  I'll be with people who seemingly speak an entirely different language. I'll be behind in Greek, and I've been out of school for 6 months.  Who knows what sort of mush my brain has turned to?

But I really can't get rid of this instinct. Countless people have told me to go back. Why don't I trust myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment