Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Seminary is....

an exercise in humility.

I've never before fallen flat on my face in so many ways, daily, in the same place.  Making a fool of oneself is great when you never really have to interact with those people again.  I love that--it's so freeing.

Sounding off your ignorance in a classroom full of people?  Not so fabulous.  It's rather embarrassing, actually.

I won't detail all of the ways that I've done this in the past week, nevertheless the entire semester.  That would take hours. 

Rather, I simply beg for the grace of my colleagues and professors as I try to navigate all of this.  I screw it up a lot, I know.  It's pretty obvious that I'm pretty oblivious to most things.  But I can promise you that I'm trying.  I might be failing in a lot of ways, but at least I'm trying.

That has to count for something, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment