**Note: this is an installment in a short series on thankfulness throughout finals--keeping in mind what God has given me as I freak out over the things that I have to do.
As I look back on this semester, I can honestly say that it was not my best. In fact, it was pretty awful. I spent much time in purely survival mode.
But over and over again, I kept receiving positive feedback. I received better grades than I deserved, even as I put in less work than my peers. I heard "you're doing great!", when I felt absolutely awful. I could have used a "get yourself together" discussion months ago.
But yesterday, the day that I finally woke up feeling like myself again, I received some much-needed feedback about the semester from my teaching church mentor. While hearing my suspicions confirmed was difficult, I appreciated her honesty, her willingness to call me out when I obviously needed it, and her grace-filled encouragement to keep learning, to do better.
So today, I am thankful for those who step out of their comfort zones to help me learn.
A Prayer:
Creating, Redeeming, and Sustaining God,
You have given us life, breath, and being. And in spite of our hesitations, you draw us into community with one another--people who are different from us. Give us humble hearts, Lord, that we might learn together who you are and how you are at work in your world. And may we, when necessary, be willing to teach just as we have learned.
In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment