Sunday, June 16, 2013

Update: I survived.

It's been almost a month since my last blog post, and in case you're not keeping up with updates in other places, know this:

I survived.

I survived an entire year of seminary (mostly) unscathed.

I survived the first of many rounds of Classis exams.

I survived ten days with my lovely family in Illinois without us killing one another.

I survived my first two weeks as full-time library staff.

I survived an entire month without homework, meetings, or writing a single paper.

I survived a two-hour floor-scrubbing session this afternoon.

I survived.

And now, I'm seeking out ways to thrive.

I'm re-learning how to cook well. I'm doing things like book discussions, reading for fun, and cleaning my apartment a bit obsessively. I'm planning craft projects and taking long walks, and rediscovering my own relationship to God.

I'm doing my best to create a life here, even if just for a short while. God only knows (quite literally) where I will end up by this time next year, but if I can build a life--a real life--for just a year, it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment