Can you imagine what Greek alphabet soup would look like? Ridiculous, that's what. I'm currently trying to memorize the lower-case versions of the alphabet, and my handwriting (which is already atrocious) is now even worse. I would show you, but, well...
In other news, classes start tomorrow. The week starts off with Entering Christian Ministry at 8 am, followed by chapel, then Church History. Sounds like fun, right?
Tuesday's schedule is even better: Greek at 7:45 am, chapel, then Intro to Theology and Worship, followed by a four-hour break until Congregational Studies begins. Wednesday adds Old Testament Survey to the mix.
Believe it or not, I'm actually excited for most of those classes. I'm especially looking forward to Greek, despite the horror stories I've heard. Maybe by the end of the semester I'll have changed my tune, but I'm reveling in my blissful ignorance for now.
Friendship House is wonderful. The community here is great--just walk down the hall and you might find a movie night, an ice cream run, or a 14-mile bike ride at 7 am. (All of those things have happened in the past 48 hours, by the way.)
To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the seminary at all when I first arrived. But this place might just grow on me after all. I told my mother this morning that I'll stay here until graduation, or until God tells me to leave, whichever comes first. I don't know what God has planned for me, but I can finally trust that it will. be. epic.
So, what's new?
No comments:
Post a Comment