For those not following Facebook posts, know that I am alive and well in Fulton. It's a difficult transition to make, going from living on my own and cooking for myself to living with my parents again. I won't lecture you on the specifics, but it's incredibly frustrating sometimes.
The thing I miss the most, though, is my church. I was only at Servant's for 5 months, but I really miss the intellectual community there. People here (or at least the ones I know) don't talk about art, don't seem to care about community development, and don't particularly care for theological conversations. I've only been here for two weeks, but I feel ready to explode with questions and conversations. The internet is full of places to debate these things, but it's just not the same.
A major plus, though, is that I already have a job! I start Monday as a Direct Care Associate at New Choices, Inc, where I'll be working with people with disabilities as an assistant/caregiver of sorts. I have several weeks of training before I actually start giving one-on-one care to clients, but I'm rather excited to start this. It's going to be an excellent entry into the social work field, I should think.
I've also decided not to run for political office. Even I don't know what my political views are anymore, and that doesn't look so great on a campaign poster: "Vote for Sarah Juist, because she's as confused as you are!"
I have no idea how long I'll be here, but here's to hoping that I don't lose the rest of my sanity in the meantime!
No comments:
Post a Comment