That pretty much sums up the last month. I'm just really, really tired.
I got the job at Ashford as a Student Advisor, quit my Direct Care job, and have been working full time at AU for two weeks now.
And, as I should have guessed, all of my best-laid plans have gone out the window. My plans to be really involved in my home church, my plans to visit Knox, my plans to start running.
I don't want this to sound whiny, but perhaps it already does. I have no reason to be this tired, really. I just can't shake it.
Turning your life upside down is just really, really draining. Meeting new people, re-meeting people you knew a long time ago, and trying to fit into an entirely new place gets rather old when you hit the fourth time in a year.
And yet, I can't wait to do it again. I want nothing more than to move to a bigger city, turn my life upside down all over again, and start over. But I keep thinking about why I came back here in the first place--to make peace with this place and all of the bad memories and insecurity that comes along with it.
Running away is just so much easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment