I sort of gave up on this blog once I finally had a full-time job, mostly because it was comfortable and I had nothing to post about.
But lately, I've had a bit of time to think. This is almost never a good thing.
In all of this thinking, I came to this realization: in the past year, have done almost everything on the 'never-do' list in my head.
First, I went to graduate school almost on a whim.
Then, I dropped out.
Then, I moved back to Fulton, Illinois of all places--the only place on earth I swore to never return to.
I proceeded to drop off of the face of the earth, leaving my church, my hobbies, and my sanity behind.
I went on a couple of blind dates that went absolutely nowhere.
I began to imagine a completely new future for myself, working in business after getting an MBA.
Sure, I still went through all the motions of life--I showed up to work, did what I was supposed to, and woke up the next morning to do it all over again.
But for the last two days, that completely irrational side of me has returned with a vengeance. Everything in my heart is telling me to go back to Michigan and finish seminary. It makes absolutely no sense--I've only been gone for 4 months, after all. I haven't picked up a single theological text or article since last December. Admittedly, I've barely picked up my Bible since I left. Practiced Greek vocabulary? HA! This is all not to mention the financial side of this ridiculousness.
If there were ever a time to question my own sanity, it would be now. Why do I insist on making my own life difficult?
No comments:
Post a Comment