Today, I sat through my second year of orientation at Western Theological Seminary in Holland.
I saw many surprised faces, heard "welcome back!" at least a hundred times, and learned very little new information.
By far the best part of my day, however, was morning prayers. Lead by the Student Council, it was the first time since arriving in Michigan that I felt that little stir inside saying "yes, this is it. This is where you're meant to be."
Amidst the fear, anxiety, social awkwardness, and feeling slightly bad for all of the departments that had to jump through hundreds of hoops to get me to this point, there was that little island of security and hope. Lord, let's keep that, okay?
I haven't met many of the juniors quite yet, and I'm having a hard time remembering their names, but tonight is dinner at the president's house, which always includes delicious food and dancing. Dancing makes everything better, I've found.
Someday, I will post photos of my new apartment! It is absolutely cavernous, as I have the entire first floor of an old Victorian-style house to myself. (Think 12-foot ceilings, an adorable kitchen, plus several living areas and a small office.)
I also don't have internet access at home yet, so when I disappear from the online world for a few days, don't be alarmed.
And finally, here's how you can pray for me this week:
Pray for the confidence to know that I'm doing the right thing by leaving so much behind to come to seminary. Pray for this journey to begin well, and pray that I'll really be able to invest in the communities I'm surrounded by--both at Western and at my church.
Thanks to all who have been so encouraging over the past two months as I begin this journey to ministry again!
No comments:
Post a Comment