Monday, December 3, 2012

falling in love with worship again

Worship planning is what brought me to seminary in the first place--it's where I found my sense of call. This is how I best tell God's story.

I'm not one for much in-your-face evangelism. Although when done well, it can be a really good thing in someone's life, it's just not me.  I'm more of a behind-the-scenes, planning and organizing, covert-messages type of person.

I particularly enjoy worship planning because in the absence of any formal training in theology, Bible, or Greek, this is how we learn who God is and what God's doing in the world.  Worship is not an obligation to add to our weekly schedules, but a gift. 

And this week, as I help to lead chapel for Advent at the seminary and work on end-of-semester projects, is all about falling in love with worship all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment