Since last weekend, I've written at least 10 thought-provoking blog posts--all of them half-finished and unpublished.
Writing is how I process information best, but it seems that I can't quite get to the end of a thought before something else takes over my brain. Things like classes, reading, remembering to eat. (One can only live on peanut butter sandwiches and CLIF bars for so long, after all.)
So instead of something deep, thoughtful, or eloquent, you get instead a list of my classes and a few life updates.
1. Two weeks in, I've made my way back to a 'normal' sleep schedule, and have actually been woken up by my alarm for two days in a row. If you've ever experienced jet lag, then you understand what an accomplishment that feels like.
2. I've enjoyed some amount of free time this week, which was incredibly helpful in processing India and my grandmother's death. I'm still not at 100%, but feeling much less overwhelmed by it all.
3. I'm still trying to figure out the difference between 'west Michigan nice' and genuine compliments on things like papers, my hair, and other such things. Michigan is an odd, odd place sometimes.
4. When you're stuck in west Michigan, surrounded by snow and people who are 'west Michigan nice', a great conversation with someone who understands the insanity that is your hometown can make you feel a lot less crazy. Such a conversation was had this week, and thoroughly enjoyed.
Finally and without further ado, a list of my current courses for those of you who wish to know such things:
BL102 - New Testament Foundations
BL101 - New Testament Greek/Greek Exegesis
FR122 - Entering Christian Ministry (Peer Group)
MN101 - Preaching Foundations (yeah, they're letting me preach!)
MN105 - Pastor as Person
MN331 - Dual-Track Cohort
TF114 - Systematic Theology II
--
That's all, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment