Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Servant's Community

Here are a couple of new developments in my life:

1. I am officially an intern at Servant's Community Church in Grand Rapids!  I'm driving up tonight to be a part of their Wednesday evening meal and prayer service, and I'll be officially introduced on Sunday during worship.  Here's their website, for those interested: www.servantschurch.org

2. I started work last week as a "Technical Services Student" in the library.  I now know more about library software than I ever thought I would, and I'm really hoping that it all found a spot in my brain, because I don't want to spend another two hours staring at a computer screen trying to figure it out.

3. Tomorrow, as a 'happy Thursday' present, I get to endure four hours of psychological testing.  This is something the seminary does for all of the first-year students, just to make sure they aren't letting future mass-murderers loose into the world with an M.Div.  For those of you familiar with such tests, I'm taking the MMPI2, the 16 Personality Factors test, and the Campbell Interest and Skill Survey, all in one afternoon.  Sounds like fun, right?

In other news...

My head is spinning with Greek and Theology and Church History and internships and library things.  Keeping track of six classes, an internship, and my job is ridiculously difficult.  Now I understand why so many students elect to spend four years on their degree rather than three.  It's not difficult work, there's just so much of it! 

I also understand why I was told on Monday that for the sake of my sanity, it's not advisable to do all of the homework I'm assigned. Obviously, things like papers and exams take precedence, but don't do all of the readings. I still haven't figured out how to decide which ones you skip or skim, though...

Speaking of which, I'm off to go learn some Greek definite articles and vocabulary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment