- Most of my classmates went to RCA schools. I, in contrast, went to Knox College, the polar opposite of said RCA schools.
- The Greek alphabet's lower case.
- The earth is, according to one of my professors, approximately 5015 years old.
- Martyrdom, in ancient times, referred to the actual testimony given before a court that resulted in death, not the death itself.
- Nero really was crazy, and even his own subjects thought so.
- In Zambia, cornmeal is a dietary staple.
- A semester system really is much less intense than a 3-term system. The heaviest reading load I'll ever have for one of my classes is 40 pages. I can deal with that.
- 1 out of 7 people will get my name right on the first try. The rest will either look at me like I'm a little nuts, or make jokes about being "JUICED!"
- My advisor's name is Sue, and part of me swears that I know her from somewhere.
- There are far too many people here that look familiar. And at least half of the people here have been to Fulton, are related to someone in Fulton, or know a pastor that once lived in Fulton.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
things I learned this week
Labels:
classes,
Fulton,
Things I learned this week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel so informed. Also know that people love you and miss you at Knox and at least one person will be reading your blog.
ReplyDelete